The following links and resources are provided by the attorneys at the Hancock Law Firm, PLLC, for the benefit of individuals, families, and business owners in the Madison County area looking for information on Mississippi estate planning, family law, personal injury, and business law. We hope you find these resources useful. Feel free to bookmark this page and visit it often whenever you need to access this information. If you need advice or assistance with a particular legal matter in any of these areas, contact our office.
Estate Planning Resources
The Mississippi Bar puts out a lot of valuable information to the public.
In the area of estate planning, there are informative pages such as:
- Where There’s a Will, There’s a Way
- How Can I Revoke or Change My Will
- The Rights of Impaired Elders
- Who Should Make Your Decisions When You Are Incapacitated?
- Becoming an Organ and Tissue Donor
The American Bar Association also makes some valuable wills and estates resources available to the public, including a page called 10 Things Estate Planning Can Do for You and limited access to the ABA magazine Probate & Property, covering the intersection of estate planning and real estate law. If you may be transferring business or investment property, visit 1031 Like Kind Exchanges.
Family Law Resources
Family law informational pages from The Mississippi Bar include:
- Child Support: What Every Mother and Father Should Know
- What Are the Grounds for Divorce in Mississippi?
- How is the Amount of Alimony Determined?
- What If My Spouse/Partner Abuses Me?
- Determining Paternity
- Child Custody: Considering the Best Interest of the Child
- What Are the Steps in Adopting a Child?
- What Are the Grounds for Terminating Parental Rights?
Personal Injury & Safety Resources
From The Mississippi Bar, you can find information on:
- The Responsibilities of Vehicle Drivers
- Auto Accidents: Do You Know Your Legal Responsibilities?
- Insurance Coverage for Auto Accidents
Other helpful resources include:
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration provides research, data, laws and regulations on driving safety and vehicle safety. You can file a vehicle safety complaint or search for auto recalls here as well.
- The Bureau of Transportation Studies provides data, statistics, and news regarding commercial truck transportation safety issues.
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration is the official U.S. government website for distracted driving issues, including texting while driving.
- If you were injured in a collision with a commercial truck, you may be interested in the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration regulations to determine whether the trucker and trucking company were in compliance with federal safety laws.
- Find product safety information at the Consumer Products Safety Commission
- At www.Recalls.gov you can sign up to receive email or text alerts about recalls of consumer products from the CPSC, dangerous drugs from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), food recalls from the USDA, and more.
- Nursing Home Compare allows you to search and compare nursing homes to Medicare’s five-star quality rating system.
- If you or a family member or friend suffered a traumatic brain injury (TBI) in a car, truck, motorcycle, boating accident or other incident, visit the Brain Trauma Foundation or the Brain Injury Association of America for information and support.
Mississippi Business Resources
- At the website for the Mississippi Secretary of State, you can access a wide variety of online Business Services, including filing business documents and annual reports, searching existing business records, and ordering documents.
- The Mississippi Attorney General’s Office publishes A Consumer’s Guide to Mississippi Consumer Protection Law.
- You can also file a consumer protection complaint here.
- For complaints regarding automobile dealerships and salespersons, see the Mississippi Motor Vehicle Commission.
The Opinions That Matter Most
Hear What Our Clients Have to Say.
“She's not just a great lawyer, she's a great person.”
“Thank you, thank you, thank you, sincerely from the bottom of my heart.”
“They give 100% no matter how small or big your case is!”
“They are all great and very trustworthy.”
“Pammi, along with her staff, will work 110% for you!”
“Extremely trustworthy and do what they say they will do.”
“ Very satisfied and have much confidence in their expertise.”
Linda Shanks W.
“Hancock Law Firm is superb in handling your affairs in a timely manner.”
Contact Hancock Law Firm, PLLC
Discuss Your Legal Matters with Professional Attorneys