Trusted Ridgeland Attorneys
Building Relationships that Last a Lifetime
Mediation Lawyers in Ridgeland, MS
Mediation Offers an Opportunity to Solve Disputes in a Collaborative, Low Conflict Manner
People often think of legal matters as adversarial in nature, with two parties pitted against each other in a contest that ends with one winner and one loser. That description is fairly accurate for litigation and, often, the courtroom is the best place to resolve your dispute. But not always. If you are looking for a less formal, more collaborative, and creative approach to solving your legal problem, consider mediation.
At Hancock Law Firm, PLLC, our Mississippi mediation attorneys are committed to providing highly skilled, solutions-oriented representation across a wide range of legal matters, including divorce cases. We can mediate your dispute and help you reach a satisfactory resolution without the time, cost, and emotional stress of litigation. Call us today to schedule a strictly confidential consultation with an experienced Ridgeland mediation attorney.
What Is Mediation?
In mediation, both parties meet with a mediator, who is a neutral third party trained in the process of conflict resolution. The mediator facilitates communication between the parties and helps them to create their own solution to the problem before them.
How exactly an individual mediation will proceed depends largely on the specific circumstances of the case. As mediation is far more flexible and far less formal than litigation, the parties have significant control over the process.
Once an agreement is reached, the mediator can draw up the agreement for the parties to sign. Our legal team at the Hancock Law Firm can provide a trained and experienced mediator to help you resolve your family law, estate administration, or business law dispute.
If an agreement cannot be reached, then the parties are permitted to withdraw from the process to find another way to resolve their dispute. Mediation is fully voluntary. Parties are not required to reach a settlement if they do not believe that doing so is in their best interests.
Contact us now to learn more about the mediation process!
An Overview of Our Mediation Services in Mississippi
Mediation is a reasonable approach for resolving many types of legal disputes, including family law matters, disagreements in probate/estate, and business law conflicts. At Hancock Law Firm, PLLC, we provide comprehensive mediation services. We have trained attorneys available who are able to serve as neutral mediators in your case. Additionally, our Mississippi lawyers can also represent you in the mediation process.
What are the Benefits of Mediation?
Although it is not necessarily the right way to resolve every legal dispute, mediation offers a number of different advantages. Here are four of the most important benefits of mediation:
- Preserve Relationships:Parties in dispute often have an ongoing relationship that cannot afford to be wrecked by hostile litigation tactics that leave the parties embittered toward one another. In family law and business matters in particular, just as important as resolving the dispute is resolving it in a way that protects and preserves the long-term relationship among the parties. Mediation can accomplish that goal.
- Save Time and Money: Mediation is also a faster and less expensive route to resolution than litigation. If an agreement can be reached, mediation is cost-effective and efficient. For this reason, it is often a good idea for parties to consider mediation as a solution.
- Flexible and Collaborative: Another exciting feature of mediation is that the parties come up with the solution to their problem, rather than having one imposed on them by a judge. When both parties have contributed to the decision, they have invested themselves in the solution and are more likely to implement it voluntarily, without the need to go back to court for enforcement or modification, as often happens in civil litigation such as custody or child support matters.
- Fully Voluntary:Mediation is a voluntary process, and if the mediation fails, the parties are still free to go to court and have not lost any significant time or expense in trying mediation. You are not required to reach a settlement in mediation. Even an unsuccessful mediation can serve to narrow the issues that need to be litigated or encourage further settlement talks. Ultimately, the parties retain a lot of control over the process.
You Can Trust Our Mediation lawyer in Ridgeland
Mediation is complicated. You need a skilled and experienced advocate on your team. Keys to successful mediation include the desire and willingness of both/all parties to participate in the mediation, and the assistance of a trained, experienced mediator who can help the parties find a resolution. Among other things, our Ridgeland, MS mediation attorneys are prepared to:
- Answer your questions and explain the mediation process;
- Help you prepare for mediation; and
- Represent you at mediation proceedings.
Of course, the goal of mediation is to reach a mutually agreeable—but still favorable—resolution of a matter. Our attorneys work closely with our clients to help them determine the best course of action for their specific case. You can rely on our law firm for personalized, attentive legal guidance and support.
Get Help from Experienced Mediators in Ridgeland, MS
At Hancock Law Firm, PLLC, our Ridgeland, MS mediation attorneys are skilled, reliable advocates for people and families. We have deep meditation experience, including in family law cases and probate/estate administration disputes. If you have any questions about mediation cases in Mississippi, we can help. Contact us today for a confidential initial consultation with an attorney. From our Ridgeland law office, we provide mediation services throughout the surrounding area, including in Madison County, Hinds County, Yazoo County, Leake County, and Scott County.
Resolve your dispute through mediation. Contact Hancock Law Firm, PLLC.
- Family law
- Estate Planning
- Probate & Estate Administration
- Personal Injury
- Criminal law
Contact Hancock Law Firm: Estate & Family Attorneys
Discuss Your Legal Matters with Professional Lawyers